How Consignment Works
1. To begin: Call 504-304-4417 to schedule an appointment to bring your items in. CLOTHING MUST BE BROUGHT IN A PLASTIC CONTAINER WITH A LID. When you come in for your appointment, our staff will go through your order and will return any unaccepted items to you at that time. During processing, any additional items that do not meet our standards will be returned to you or donated to charity, depending on your preference.
2. Time in store: Your items will be color tagged according to the month in which they were accepted and will be out on our racks for 90 days. In some cases, we may display your items longer.
3. Price determination: All prices will be set by the store. We generally sell for 40% under retail.
4. Unsold items: You, the consignor, will designate in your contract whether you want to reclaim any unsold items or donate them to charity. If you choose to reclaim your unsold items, you will be notified to pick up these items after your 90-day period is up. Any unsold items that are not picked up within 10 days of notification will be donated to charity.
5. Payment: During the consignment period, 40% of the selling price/item will be posted to your account as it sells. Payout information will be included in your contract. You must call to check on your account balance. WE WILL NOT CONTACT YOU TO NOTIFY YOU OF A BALANCE. You can call or stop by as often as you would like throughout the month to check on your balance.
6. The store assumes no responsibility for any loss due to fire, theft, or damage.